Laguna afternoon

10:58 PM

Crazy how just a few weeks ago it was so sunny and summery in So.Cal!
Spring, however has finally come to ensure its not forgotten. It's been pretty rainy around here lately, which I can only enjoy for so long.  I'm anxiously looking forwards to more sunny weather :-)

Below are just a few takes from our afternoon in Laguna Beach. The tide was very low so we had the chance to scavenge around the tide pools. We found a small octopus which was absolutely fascinating to watch. I had never seen one in its natural habitat so it was incredibly cool seeing it camouflage itself between the rocks. Truly out of this world!

We also got to check out some sea anemones, sea stars and snails. We even caught a crab! Yes...I know.... am the biggest dork when it comes to marine life. They now have volunteers around the tide pools educating people about marine life. I was very impressed and glad about it.

I volunteered and worked at the LB aquarium for a while which is where my love for sea life grew even more.  I am surprised to find that people in coastal areas are so unaware of the importance of maintaining and taking care of the sea and marine life. We are so fortunate to live so close to the sea but some of us take it for granted!

Enjoy, love and protect our ocean!!

Well enough with my little spiel!  I hope the week is treating ya'll well so far! All I know is that I'm ready for the weekend (who isn't right?)

Farewell and bon nuit <3


Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

You Might Also Like

0 comments

POWr Instagram Feed

Subscribe