Joshua Tree Adventures

1:28 AM

Finally checked off Joshua Tree National Park from "my places to see" list. Everyone kept telling me about how amazing it was and now I got to finally see it.

Entering the park was like entering into a whole other planet. It became eerily silent....it was such a strange feeling. It was  peaceful yet  at the same time kinda frightening. 
 It felt as if we were the only ones there. We saw a few people here and there but figured it was because no one wanted to be out and about in the heat. 

The sun was scorching hot! It was close to 100 degrees Fahrenheit but that didn't stop us from exploring this awesome park.

IMG_0128
Photobucket

IMG_0261

The deeper we drove into the park the more the landscape changed. First it was flat and bare but then suddenly we came upon a beautiful Cholla cactus garden. I had never seen anything like it.

We walked around the dizzying  maze hoping not to bump into the thorns. I especially tried to be careful just because I'm known quite well for my clumsiness! pathetic I know. 

IMG_0181
IMG_0172
Photobucket

Afterwards we hopped back into the car and found the hidden FLINTSTONES city!! well no...not really but as soon as I saw all the rocks it immediately reminded me of the Flintstones.

We had tons of fun climbing on the rocks. They are so immense and oddly shaped. Some looked like skulls or gorilla faces.... yes,we have quite an imagination. 

IMG_0237
Photobucket
IMG_0218
Photobucket
IMG_0204
IMG_0216 
Before exiting the park we drove through rows and rows of Joshua trees...aka: Yucca brevifolia.
 
It's crazy how these trees grow in such dry conditions. The trees are so interesting to look at... the  wavy branches reminded me of Devi, the Hindu goddess with multiple arms.Very trippy but cool.
 
DSC03679
DSC03746
DSC03768
Photobucket
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

A lot things I saw that day reminded me of something out of fairy tale or outer space. Totally understand why people love this place. So hauntingly beautiful. 

Well I'm done for the night! Have a nice weekend <3

Jenni
 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

POWr Instagram Feed

Subscribe