Cadolzburg

4:35 PM

wow its been a while!! So much has happened within the past few weeks, that I just don't know where to even begin. This past week we left Germany and had ourselves a mini road trip. We drove out to Italy, Austria and France! It was absolutely exhausting but well worth it. We are having such an amazing experience, that I'll be daydreaming about it nonstop when I get back home. I have loads and loads of photos and videos to share but don't know when I'll actually get around to
putting them up.

In the meantime, this post will be solely about the charming village of Cadolzburg. The town is located amidst woods and farmlands. In the middle of the town, a fort sits high up watching over the village.We were able to take a tour inside the fort. I had always wanted to see what it looked like inside. Walking through it's gates, instantly transported me back to the medieval ages. It's so hard to grasp that this town has been around for over 850 years!

Right before WWII ended, Cadolzburg was invaded by the Americans and the fort was burnt down. Thanks to a lot repairs here and there it looks as if it was never damaged. All the rooms were pretty awesome, but I think the most exciting part was checking out the torture chamber. Pretty creepy stuff but I found it fascinating.

The fort has a few spots where you can get a great view of the town but I think the watchtower  (Aussichtsturm, Südostansicht) has the  best view. Climbing the stairs was a bit of a hassle and definitely a workout, but the view made up for it.

Below are just a few snaps of the town. I have way more photos, so a second post might possibly be dedicated to this town again.

I'm off to bed. Guten Nacht.

DSC02024_zpse531529d
DSC02040_zps132c0363
IMG_1538_zps08f384cc
DSC02017_zpsd1b4b967
DSC02056
Photobucket
DSC02062
IMG_5962
DSC02073
IMG_1986_2
IMG_2031_2
IMG_2041
IMG_2057
DSC02074
IMG_6034

You Might Also Like

1 comments

POWr Instagram Feed

Subscribe